BroadwayWorld Regional Award Nominations Announced – Voting Now Open!
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 7:07am
BroadwayWorld recently announced the nominations for this year's BroadwayWorld Regional Awards for Columbus, highlighting the "Best of the Decade" here in central Ohio, with Curtain Players receiving nods in fourteen community theatre categories.
Curtain Players is honored to have received a total of 26 nominations, including Best Theatre, Best Musical, and two nods for Best Play.
These awards are community voted, open to anyone who has (or creates) a free BroadwayWorld.com login. Voting for the Best of the Decade awards is now open at https://www.broadwayworld.com/columbus/voteregion.cfm, until Dec. 31.
Here’s the full list of Curtain Players’ nominees for 2020, listed by their categories. Congratulations to all!
Best Theatre of the Decade (Community)
• Curtain Players
Best Musical of the Decade (Community)
• Falsettos (2020)
Best Play of the Decade (Community)
• Arsenic and Old Lace (2018)
• Sense and Sensibility (2020)
Best Actress in a Musical of the Decade (Community)
• Layne Bair – Falsettos (2020)
Best Actor in a Musical of the Decade (Community)
• Ben Smallwood – Falsettos (2020)
• Will Eillis – Falsettos (2020)
Best Actress in a Play of the Decade (Community)
• Cheryl Muller – Arsenic and Old Lace (2018)
• Francesca DiFrancesco – Sense and Sensibility (2020)
• Mackenzie Joseph – Sense and Sensibility (2020)
• Natalie Tangeman – Sense and Sensibility (2020)
Best Ensemble in a Musical of the Decade (Community)
• Falsettos – Will Ellis, Ben Smallwood, Layne Bair, Brenton Leuvoy, Erin Haught, Johanna Whetstone, Evan Stefanik, & Laura Dachenbach (2020)
Best Ensemble in a Play of the Decade (Community)
• Epic Proportions – Nathan Bashaw, Randy Benge, Michael Day, Emma Kinnison, Greg Kissner, Colin Luther, Rachel Luther, & Kyle Smith (2019)
• You Can't Take it With You – Sharifa Andrews, Doug Browell, Sean Hazen Coffman, Larry Cole, Julie Emmert, Jeff Eyerman, Linda Goodwin, Stephen Grinch, Jeff Kemeter, Madison Lee, Randy Lenhart, Jack Miller, Kurt Mueller, Kirsten Peninger, Bethany Schoeff, & Jay Stiger (2016)
Best Director of a Musical of the Decade (Community)
• Hal Houston – Falsettos (2020)
Best Director of a Play of the Decade (Community)
• Heather Schultz – Five Women Wearing the Same Dress (2017)
• Heather Schultz – Wendy Darling (2017)
• Heather Schultz – Sense and Sensibility (2020)
• Kate Tull – You Can't Take it With You (2016)
Best Costume Design of the Decade (Community)
• Tasha Naneth – Wendy Darling (2017)
Best Set Design of the Decade (Community)
• Booth Muller – The Diary of Anne Frank (2016)
• Hal Houston – Falsettos (2020)
Best Volunteer of the Decade
• Heather Schultz
• Kathy Hyland
• Sharifa Andrews
Best Local Original Script of the Decade
• Jeremy Sony – Sleepy Hollow: The Lost Chapter (2019)
This year, BroadwayWorld Columbus nominations were submitted by readers of broadwayworld.com/columbus for community theatre productions, student productions, and local professional productions, which opened between 2011 through September 30, 2020.
To vote for your favorites, you can login to BroadwayWorld, or create a login at the end of your selections. See a complete list of all nominees and categories from community, educational, and professional productions at the link below. Voting will continue through December 31, 2020. Winners will be announced in January!
BroadwayWorld.com is the largest theatre site on the Internet devoted to all things Broadway as well as theater around the country and world.
Vote today at https://www.broadwayworld.com/columbus/voteregion.cfm.