REMINDER: AUDITIONS – July 6 – Nana's Naughty Knickers
Posted: Monday, July 5, 2021, 10:50am
Curtain Players is holding auditions for the first show of Season 59 on Tuesday, July 6. The play, Nana's Naughty Knickers by Katherine DiSavino, will be directed by Michael Fusco and features roles for four women, two men, and some walk-on opportunities.
About the Show
Bridget and her grandmother are about to become roommates. However, what Bridget saw as a unique opportunity to stay with her favorite nana in New York for the summer quickly turns into an experience she'll never forget. It seems her sweet grandma is running an illegal boutique from her apartment, selling handmade naughty knickers to every senior citizen in the five-borough area! Will Bridget be able to handle all the excitement? Will her nana get arrested – or worse – evicted?
Sept. 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, & 25, 2021 at 8:00PM
Sept. 19 & 26, 2021 at 2:00PM
- Sylvia Charles (Nana) – The 20-something-acting elderly owner of Saucy Slips, the underground lingerie business she surreptitiously operates out of her rent-controlled apartment where she has lived for 60 years. She is charming, quick-witted and a risk taker. [She is described as an 83-year-old but actors 60s and up are encouraged to audition for this role]
- Vera Walters – Sylvia's friend, jogging partner and eventual accomplice-in-crime. Her two hearing aids and walker lead people to underestimate her abilities and capacity for mischief. [Similarly, actors 60s and up are acceptable]
- Bridget Charles – The 20-something ingenue, though initially shocked to discover that her Nana is a criminal, against her better judgment ends up aiding and abetting both the enterprise and Nana's deception of her landlord. [Actors in their 20s and 30s are acceptable]
- Tom O'Grady – The friendly neighborhood beat cop. Inexperienced and kind hearted, he will do anything for Nana especially now that Bridget, on whom he has a crush, is moving in.[Actors in their 20s and 30s are acceptable].
- Gil Schmidt – The son-in-law of the deceased, kindly, former landlord, now runs the show and cannot abide the fact that Nana' rent remains but a small fraction of the current market rate-less than what he pays for monthly heating cost. He's looking for any reason to evict her. [Actors, ages mid-40s or older]
- Heather Van Pree – A wanna-be model and employee of Saucy Lips, a purveyor of more extreme lingerie and accessories (whips, chains, etc) shows up to retrieve the merchandise that was incorrectly shipped to Nana whose shipment was received by her employer. [Actors ages 20s and 30s].
- Walk-Ons – There are walk-on roles for two UPS delivery persons One is non-speaking, the other has a couple of lines. Anyone interested in one of these roles should contact the director.
For More Information, Visit
Curtain Players conducts open auditions for its productions. Roles are not cast in advance, and, unless specified otherwise in the role's description, are open to all without regard to race or ethnicity. Casting decisions are made by the director and a casting committee comprised of a member of the theatre board, a general member of the organization, and individuals of the director's choosing.
Actors are encouraged to come to auditions familiar with the script and ready to read cuttings from the script. Every effort will be made to give actors equal chances to read. Resumes and head shots are helpful but not necessary.
Questions related to the audition process may be directed to email@example.com.