Directed by Michael Fusco
Produced by Terri Fusco
Stage Manager Jennifer Shively
Sept. 15 & 22, 2019 at 2:00PM
Doug Browell, Audrey-Marie Craddick, Linda L. Goodwin, Erin Haught, Al Minor, Steve Salyer, Jaimie Schwartz, & Jon Sorenson
In this hilarious comedy by the author of Lend Me A Tenor and Moon Over Buffalo, two English Shakespearean actors, Jack and Leo, find themselves so down on their luck that they are performing "Scenes from Shakespeare" on the Moose Lodge circuit in the Amish country of Pennsylvania. When they hear that an old lady in York, Pennsylvania is about to die and leave her fortune to her two long lost English nephews, they resolve to pass themselves off as her beloved relatives and get the cash. The trouble is, when they get to York, they find out that the relatives aren't nephews, but nieces! Romantic entanglements abound, especially when Leo falls head-over-petticoat in love with the old lady's vivacious niece, Meg, who's engaged to the local minister. Meg knows that there's a wide world out there, but it's not until she meets "Maxine and Stephanie" that she finally gets a taste of it.
Suitable for audiences of all ages.
Not only does it feel great to volunteer, house staff see performances for free! Learn more >
In the Spotlight
Casting Announcement for The Mousetrap!
Curtain Players is proud to announce the cast of The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie, following auditions on Sept. 8.
Congratulations to Diane Hooper (Mrs. Boyle), Rusty Wummel (Mr. Paravacini), Kyle Smith (Sgt. Trotter), Brian Henry (Giles Ralston), Randy Lenhart (Major Metcalf), Greg Kissner (Christopher Wren), Brittany Powers (Miss Casewell) and Rachel Wiltshire (Mollie Ralston).
The Mousetrap runs Dec. 6 – 22, and is directed by Coreen Janetzke.
Everyone's a suspect in Christie's enduring murder-mystery. A group of strangers is stranded in a boarding house during a snowstorm, and one of them is a murderer. A superb evening of intrigue by the foremost mystery writer of her time!
Performances are Fridays and Saturdays, Dec. 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, & 21, 2019 at 8 p.m., and Sundays Dec. 8, 15, & 22 at 2 p.m., with a pay-what-you-can preview on Thursday, Dec. 5 at 8 p.m. Please note the additional matinee on the first Sunday.
Tickets are on sale now at curtainplayers.org/tickets.
- Spotlight: Casting Announcement for The Mousetrap!
- Sep 14: Curtain Players Presents: A Dramatic Reading of Original 'Sleepy Hollow' at Westerville Library, Oct. 4
- Sep 14: Night of Magic at Wizards & Wands – Oct. 25
- Aug 25: Curtain Brings History Home at Harlem Township Days
- Aug 01: Casting Announcement! 'Sleepy Hollow: The Lost Chapter'
- Jul 30: August Civic Event Volunteers Needed – Bringing Community Theatre to Our Community!
- Jul 30: Leading Ladies Set Build, Part Two – Aug. 3
- Jul 28: Set Build Party A Success — Thank You, Volunteers!
- Jul 17: Cast Announced for "16-3-3, Home"
- Jul 14: This Amazon Prime Day, Set Your Smile Donations to CP
- See all Curtain Players news. >