Directed by Kerry Shanklin
Sept. 12 & 13, 2014 at 8:00pm
Sept. 19 & 20, 2014 at 8:00pm
Sept. 14 & 21, 2014 at 2:00pm
Doug Browell, Ryann Greenberg, Casey Merkey, Joyce Patrone, & Kate Willis
The action of these basically-unrelated four playlets occurs sequentially in a Beverly Hills hotel. The first hotel guest is a New York magazine writer, joined by her ex-husband; they have a discussion (a quarrel? a brawl?) about which of them will have custody of their daughter for the next six months. The next guest is a Philadelphia man who's already having his challenges with a drunken hooker before his wife arrives to complicate things still further. The third story brings a British film star to LA as an Academy Award nominee whose gay husband offers inadequate comfort when she loses. And finally, two Chicago couples wrap up a disastrous shared vacation. Classic Neil Simon comedic mayhem in the midst of domestic disasters!
A Message from the President
Read the latest update from Curtain Players President Curtain Players.
Season 52 Begins....
Updated: August 16, 2014
- Spotlight: Curtain Offers Free Look at OCTA-Bound Scotland Road
- Aug 16: Announcing the Cast of The Cemetery Club
- Aug 04: Tickets Now On Sale!
- Jun 30: Curtain Players to Showcase "Scotland Road" at State OCTA Conference
- Jun 30: Announcing the Cast of California Suite
- Jun 29: Congratulations to Our Award Winners
- Jun 10: Celebrate With Us!
- May 08: Announcing the 2014-2015 Board of Directors
- Apr 29: Plays Sought for Simply Staged Production
- Apr 10: Announcing the 2014-2015 Board Candidates
- See all Curtain Players news. >
In the Spotlight
Curtain Offers Free Look at OCTA-Bound Scotland Road
In advance of its presentation at the Ohio Community Theatre Association (OCTA) State Conference in Toledo on Labor Day weekend, Curtain Players will present an excerpt of its production of the mystery-drama Scotland Road free of charge to audiences.
This special performance is scheduled for 8 PM Saturday August 23 in the Harlem Road playhouse. No reservations or advance ticket purchases are necessary.
Ashley Frisch, April Olt, and Scott Willis are featured in the excerpt. The three, along with Josie Merkle, were featured in the original production staged in September 2013. Sonda Staley is the director.
Curtain Players and Scotland Road received the invitation to showcase at the state OCTA event in late June at the regional OCTA showcase in Circleville. Frisch, Olt, and Willis each won Excellence in Acting awards and shared an Outstanding in Ensemble Performance award at the regional festival. Staley received an Excellence in Direction citation.