Submission Deadline Extended
Deadline for submissions is now August 31. The guidelines:
- Submitted scripts ‐ only non-musicals ‐ should be written in English, not exceed 30,000 words, and have a run time of 80 to 120 minutes.
- These must be new plays, not previously presented in a fully staged production, published in any form, or under any option for production or publication.
- Plays should be suitable for staging with casts of no fewer than two or more than 12 actors; without use of flames, fireworks, or overly elaborate special effects; and without elaborate set requirements.
A Message from the President
Read the latest update from Curtain Players President Jill Taylor.
So, We Have a New Logo!
Updated: July 23, 2015
- Spotlight: Ohio Premiere 'Tide' Auditions August 9
- Jul 29: Two Actors Join 'Zombies' Orbit
- Jul 27: Kroger Shopping Benefits Curtain Players
- Jul 25: Team Helps Season Opener Get Set
- Jul 24: Buy Amazon & Support Curtain Players
- Jul 23: 'Refresher'... Players Adopt New Logo
- Jul 22: Vols Asked to Fill Committees
- Jul 20: 'Zombies' Set Build Saturday July 25
- Jul 20: All Season 53 Ticket Plans on Sale
- Jul 17: Production Managers Remain in Place
- See all Curtain Players news. >
In the Spotlight
Ohio Premiere 'Tide' Auditions August 9
Curtain Players (note the new organization logo) this fall stages the Ohio premiere of The Outgoing Tide, a new contemporary family drama by Bruce Graham.
There is only one night of auditions, Sunday August 9 at the playhouse, 5691 Harlem Road, Galena. Registration is at 6:30 PM with tryouts to start at 7 o’clock. Actors may download an audition form in advance by clicking here. Actors are not asked to prepare monologues but actors should be ready to read from the script. Brief resumes of theatre experience and head shots (good selfies will do) are encouraged.
Curtain Players allows accommodations for those who want to audition for a particular production, but cannot attend the one night of tryouts… if they make their request at least two weeks in advance of the auditions. To answer these requests, a callback has been scheduled for 7 PM Wednesday August 12 at the playhouse for these auditioners, along with invited auditioners from the August 9 tryout.
James F. Petsche directs The Outgoing Tide. Stephen Moore is the Tide stage manager. Kirsten Peninger is the producer.
Petsche is vice president of the Curtain Players board. He directed The Dining Room for the community theatre company in 2011 and has acted in Curtain productions. Moore and Peninger are the theatre’s production manager and assistant production manager, respectively. The two have served as stage managers, producers, and in other technical positions for many recent Curtain productions. Peninger also has acting credits with the company.
Synopsis: In a cottage on Chesapeake Bay, an aging man has hatched an unorthodox plan to secure his family's future but meets with resistance from his wife and son, who have plans of their own. As winter approaches, the three must quickly find common ground and come to an understanding – before the tide goes out.
Performances are October 23-24, 30-31, November 1, and 6-8.
Scripts for all Curtain Players productions this season – including The Outgoing Tide – are available for loan from the Westerville Public Library.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org